Saturday, December 20

"Don't Have To Be So Sad"


You and me we're at the goldfish pond and I,
I was tagging along for the ride
all the big
mouthed fish really made us laugh

and while I stood still I felt a chill
I thought that maybe you did too

I wanted to feel that way forever

And that's why
If you're looking at me
I'll
try to be what you want to see
and if I'm, if I'm, ever that
lucky
You won't have to be so,
You won't have to be so sad

You won't have to be so sad.

Last night I was trying to read in bed
But I got to watching you sleep instead
Even when I got tired I couldn't stop
Because I love you so, and I pray you know

But I'm not much for praying
I knew I couldn't say that without making a joke

And that's why If you're looking at me I'll try to be what you want to see
and If I'm ever that
lucky
You won't have to be so, You won't have to be so sad. You won't have to be so sad.
Yeah that's why If you're looking at me I'll try to be what you want to see and I,
if I'm ever that
lucky you won't have to be so
You won't have to be so sad. You won't have to be so sad. You won't have to be so sad.


Procrastination is enjoyable yet still demanding. Even though you're sitting still,
playing around withwhatever is in front of you,
you're still detached, your mind
is in the clouds wasting away on the thoughts of what you should be doing while
relaxing doing
nothing. Sometimes it is hard to procrastinate quietly because
inside your head there is just chaos that needs to be organized but you're too
focused on not doing it so it continuously builds up. Christmas is so close and
I don't have any gifts to give, even in these hard times I know that my family
still needs to be shown that they are appreciated.
One year when I was I don't know maybe 12, 13, no one bought a single gift
for my mom. It made me so sad, not one person. Everyone was sitting there
opening gifts and she had nothing. How could we have forgotten? Our own mother?
This year I really wanted to get her something special but I don't have a job and
weed seems to be the most important thing in my life which is so sad that I can't
buy her anything. I am stuck thinking of things to make that I know she would
love but I want to make her something that she can use as well which doesn't
leave much.
Just recalling on that Christmas is making me really upset. I know that everyone
is suffering from these hard times but I just wish I could somehow give my family
an ever lasting hug that they can take with them where ever they go and use
it whenever they need it.
Sometimes the holidays aren't all they are cracked up to be...



1 comment:

  1. Word son.
    It's kind of crazy that we're both in similar situations right now, financially and such. But honestly, I think we might just come out from this experience as better people. I know I was upset when talking about it last night, but we really do have what matters most, ya know? I think if we can focus even more on the amazing things that don't cost any money, we'll get through this holiday season fairly unscathed.
    Besides, we need crappy times to recall when we're rich and famous to keep us humble ;]

    P.S. weed is not all you care about, give yourself some more credit babe.

    ReplyDelete